When in doubt about sending information, choose Secure Send. A safer alternative to email, Secure Send includes built-in security for both on- and off-campus delivery of protected University information.
Sharing University Information Via Secure Send
Designed to accommodate even large files (up to 130 GB) with maximum security protections, Secure Send reduces the risks associated with other sharing options.
- Encryption: Secure Send encrypts and transfers files safely.
- Temporary storage: Files are erased from the server after seven days.
- Regulatory Requirements: Secure Send complies with FERPA, HIPAA, and FISMA regulatory protection requirements.
How to Use It
To use Secure Send, you must first register for an account. OIT's Information Security Office has created step-by-step instructions to help you protect University information using Secure Send.
- Securely send files to individuals within or outside of the Princeton community
- Receive files that have been securely sent to you:
- Invite a colleague to share files with you on a regular basis
- Request files from an unregistered, external user (typically a one-time occurrence)
- Delete your files from the server