Store Confidential Information
While it is not required that Confidential information be encrypted when stored, it is highly recommended. The storage options below are in alignment with our Information Security Policy.
- Includes your personal H: drive and departmental M: drive
- Housed on the University's Central File Server (CFS)
- Available automatically for undergraduates, and by request for others in the University community
- Supports both information storage and collaboration
- Automatically encrypted
- The Aegis Padlock, available from the OIT store, comes pre-encrypted
- Encryption of other external drives is recommended before use for the storage of Confidential information
|Laptops / Desktops
- When your laptop or desktop is used to store Confidential information, encryption is recommended
As with other kinds of University information, care should be taken to limit access to and protect the integrity of Confidential information. We encourage you to review the complete Information Security Policy and learn more about your responsibilities.
Have questions? Contact the Help Desk for assistance.