Jump to main content
Jump to site search
Jump to the navigation
Play your role in protecting Princeton's information. The table below is designed to serve as a useful guide to your responsibilities in enacting the University's Information Security Policy.
- Understand the classifications.
- Classify appropriately.
- Protect our information’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Handle information appropriately.
- Discard information appropriately.
- Do not divulge, copy, release, sell, alter, or destroy information unless necessary.
- Contact the Office of General Counsel prior to disclosure for legal purposes.
- Contact the appropriate office prior to disclosure to regulatory agencies, inspectors, examiners, and/or auditors.
- Only access information as needed.
- Safeguard against unauthorized access.
Have questions? The Help Desk is the front line for all inquiries related to information security.